Ideas for supporting your Year 2 child at home
- Read everyday
- Write book reviews for the books you finish
- Keep a diary
- Practise 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- Measure objects around your home and record the lengths
- Go on a 3D shape hunt, write the names of all the shapes you find, then make a table and record the number of faces, edges and vertices for each object.
English Reading focus
- Share stories:
- talk about the story together
- what did you enjoy about the book?
- what would you change?
- if you could change the ending how would you change it?
- Write a book review.
- Read a chapter book to your child. Talk about any unfamiliar words. Can you find those words in a dictionary?