Ideas for supporting your Year 6 child at home
- Recap specific grammatical terminology
- Practise spellings from the Y5/6 word list and put them in sentences
- Practice your times tables to 12
- Practise division of numbers linked to the 12 times table
- Practise calculating using all 4 written methods of calculation (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Explore equivalences between fractions, decimals and percentages
English Reading focus
- Read as much as you can and then:
- talk about the book with someone
- think about whether you enjoyed the book and why
- what would you change about the story?
- -if you could be a character in a book which one would it be and why?
- if you could change the ending how would you change it?
- Write a book review.
- Use a dictionary to explore new vocabulary. Is there a different word that could be used without changing the meaning? (The large tree … The giant tree…)