Ideas for supporting your Year 4 child at home
- Read every day. Ask questions about the characters
- Make a poster about your favourite book
- Learn your lines for the school production
- Learn all your timetables
- Practise spellings
- Encourage addition and subtraction using money. How much change?
- Use money to add and subtract amounts
- Write an explanation text about your favourite hobby
English Reading focus
- Share stories:
- talk about the story together
- what did you enjoy about the book?
- what would you change?
- -if you could be a character in a book which one would it be and why?
- if you could change the ending how would you change it?
- Write a book review.
- Use a dictionary to explore new vocabulary. Is there a different word that could be used without changing the meaning? (The large tree … The giant tree…)