Ideas for supporting your Year 5 child at home
- Read lots of different types of texts and summarise them
- Practise Y5/6 spelling words
- Recap specific grammatical terminology
- Practise your timetables to 12
- Practise division of numbers linked to the 12 times table
- If writing a diary, write the time in both 24 our time and analogue time
English Reading focus
- Share stories:
- talk about the story together
- what did you enjoy about the book?
- what would you change?
- -if you could be a character in a book which one would it be and why?
- if you could change the ending how would you change it?
- Write a book review.
- Use a dictionary to explore new vocabulary. Is there a different word that could be used without changing the meaning? (The large tree … The giant tree…)