Ideas for supporting your Reception child at home
- Read a story and talk about the characters
- Practise phonics as often as you can – use the cards in your pack
- Practise counting and recognise numbers up to at least 20
- Practice letter and number formation
- Play board games together or things like ‘I spy’
- Name 2D shapes – see if you can find some in your house
English Reading focus
- Share stories:
- talk about the story together
- what did you enjoy about the story?
- -if you could be a character in a book which one would it be and why?
- what happened in the beginning, middle and end of the story?
- draw some pictures to retell the story
- can you write your own story?
Downloadable resources to support home learning